1) At the moment, anyone can signup with any kind of email address (no confirmation required) and get access to my content/product/service. 2) I require members to signup before they can get access to my content. If they can add a fake email, that completely invalidates the "gate" in "gated content." It's also important when sending out required emails like Terms of Service updates. 3) There are some hacky workarounds https://community.memberstack.com/c/community-support/email-verification-process https://forum.memberstack.io/t/email-verification/213/6 https://community.memberstack.com/c/community-support/how-to-build-an-email-verification-system-with-memberstack 4) Enable an optional email verification step. Let me use my own email verification emails. Let a service like Mailchimp verify emails.
Two Factor Authentication (for Members)
1) The problem → I'd like to enable 2-factor-authentication for my customers. 2) Why is this important → This is also a topic for me as I work with critical customer bank data. 3) What's your plan B → 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → After a customer has signed up we'd like to force them to activate 2-factor authentication with their cell phone. Integration with Twilio since they offer this solution too, which could be combined with memberstack to make the customer data more secure.
We're rebuilding Memberstack, launching a small private beta for developers , and releasing a 10x more powerful version of Memberstack. We're rebuilding Memberstack (In progress) We've learned so much over the last 2-years, and it's time to rebuild. 1.0 was a great MVP, but it's simply not able to scale with our team. It's going to take a few months, but Memberstack 2.0 will ship with new functionality like multiple membership plans, permissions, and more advanced APIs. In addition to those massive new features, we're going to be a 100x better place (not an exaggeration) to work on features like social login, a Paypal, OAuth, more UI's, more front-end packages for frameworks like React and Vue, and so on! During this time we'll focus our development efforts on launching 2.0, get feedback from professionals who've been building with user auth and payments for years, and invest our non-technical time into hiring more product people. Releasing 2.0 is our primary focus We'll need time to replicate all of Memberstack's existing functionality in version 2.0. This sucks. But it's the only path we can see at this point if we want to get to the rest of our roadmap in a reasonable amount of time. This sucks because most of our development resources will need to go into version 2.0. It's quite likely that you, our current customers, won't see any major feature releases until migration day. Which, should feel like feature Christmas. In the meantime, we'll continue to support all of our existing customers, fix bugs, expand the team, and find other ways to be of service. Launching a tiny Beta for feedback We've learned a TON over the last 2ish years, and plan to incorporate all of those learnings into 2.0. We know what to build, but we also know constant feedback is essential when building a product that's usable and actually useful. To keep things efficient while still receiving a steady stream of feedback we've decided to launch an extremely limited beta group for experienced developers who A) are currently using Memberstack 1.0, or B) Have a ridiculous amount of experience building web apps and websites. Apply to the beta here Launch day & process Learn more here . Please leave your concerns, comments, and feedback below!
SMS Verification (for Members)
1) The problem → 2) Why is this important → The goal is to secure that I have only real customers behind the customer accounts (private/business). 3) What's your plan B → Currently there is no "no-code" solution for this at my end. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Signup → SMS Verification Example: We ask for our member's name, email, password, cell phone and verify their cell phone through an SMS-Code we can sort out fake accounts.
Modifying membership plans via API
1) The problem → Need the ability to create membership plans via the API and change which plan a member is assigned to via the API. 2) Why is this important → Our application relies on this ability, we have too many members and memberships to have to manually do this from the dashboard every day. 3) What's your plan B → We don't have one right now. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Having these two API calls available even in a test/beta form would be huge.
Changing Membership via API
1) The problem → Unable to change Membership via API 2) Why is this important → I currently have to change a member's membership via the dashboard (only works for free members). This is time-consuming and leads to a bad user experience since they have to wait for me to make the update. 3) What's your plan B → Manually update, or make the user click on an upgrade button to confirm the upgrade. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Add an API call to change a membership
Reduced price for first month
1) The problem → I need to be able to have my members have a reduced price only for the first month and then a regular price after that. 2) Why is this important → Gets my members in the door. 3) What's your plan B → Use a different service. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Add the ability to have flexible pricing for memberships so I can charge $1 for the first x months and then $25 dollars after that.
Multiple membership plans
1) My customers can only have one plan (role, membership, product, etc) at a time. 2) I can't use Memberstack with my pricing model. My pricing model is key to my business model, branding, positioning, marketing, etc. Pricing is core to any business. 3) Change my pricing. Use another tool. Build a direct Stripe integration. 4) Please let me add multiple subscriptions to a particular member or multiple quantities on a single subscription.
1) the problem --> If a user makes a typo now they will need to reset their password even though they might believe they're entering the right one. 2) Why is this important --> This could harm the customer experience and causes unnecessary extra requests that need to be handled by your platform. 3) Plan B --> Make a custom signup field with this functionality 4) Solution --> I would like the ability to add a field to the signup form which prompts the user to confirm their password.
Get member on custom field instead of Memberstack user id
Curretly the "Get Member" API request only supports id, like this: https://api.memberstack.com /v1/members/123 I also use custom field which can be used to identify users and which are less privacy concering. It would be good to also get users on e.g. /name/Thomas. Where the key is name and the value Thomas.