1) The problem → I'd like to sell add-ons on top of Memberstack. Eg: A $99 subscription plan, with the option to add single-products to it. 2) Why is this important → I'd like to upsell services to my members. 3) What's your plan B → Send a Stripe invoice manually and have the customers accept it. Build a hacky way to let users select a product and then bill them separately. Build my own Stripe integration. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Allow add-ons on top of subscription plans.
We're rebuilding Memberstack, launching a small private beta for developers , and releasing a 10x more powerful version of Memberstack. We're rebuilding Memberstack (In progress) We've learned so much over the last 2-years, and it's time to rebuild. 1.0 was a great MVP, but it's simply not able to scale with our team. It's going to take a few months, but Memberstack 2.0 will ship with new functionality like multiple membership plans, permissions, and more advanced APIs. In addition to those massive new features, we're going to be a 100x better place (not an exaggeration) to work on features like social login, a Paypal, OAuth, more UI's, more front-end packages for frameworks like React and Vue, and so on! During this time we'll focus our development efforts on launching 2.0, get feedback from professionals who've been building with user auth and payments for years, and invest our non-technical time into hiring more product people. Releasing 2.0 is our primary focus We'll need time to replicate all of Memberstack's existing functionality in version 2.0. This sucks. But it's the only path we can see at this point if we want to get to the rest of our roadmap in a reasonable amount of time. This sucks because most of our development resources will need to go into version 2.0. It's quite likely that you, our current customers, won't see any major feature releases until migration day. Which, should feel like feature Christmas. In the meantime, we'll continue to support all of our existing customers, fix bugs, expand the team, and find other ways to be of service. Launching a tiny Beta for feedback We've learned a TON over the last 2ish years, and plan to incorporate all of those learnings into 2.0. We know what to build, but we also know constant feedback is essential when building a product that's usable and actually useful. To keep things efficient while still receiving a steady stream of feedback we've decided to launch an extremely limited beta group for experienced developers who A) are currently using Memberstack 1.0, or B) Have a ridiculous amount of experience building web apps and websites. Apply to the beta here Launch day & process Learn more here . Please leave your concerns, comments, and feedback below!
Memberstack Partner Programs
Hey folks! We're beginning to lay the groundwork for a series of partner programs at Memberstack. Want to pitch us on something? Send an email to email@example.com or drop a comment below. How you can help: Please ↑ Upvote and comment to receive notifications. We're going to share ideas and mockups here before we build or release anything. We'd love to get your feedback! Please share your past experiences working with partner programs. What worked for you? What didn't? Future Programs we are exploring: Affiliate program for folks with an audience Example: Hubspot Agency Program for agencies and freelancers who work with clients. Example: Gusto + Accountants Expert directory so customers can find out partners quickly. Example: Amplitude Discounts Programs for educators, boot camps, accelerators, etc. Example: YC Programs we currently offer Hire an expert to help you build a project. Submit your project here . Custom Discounts for your students, community, users, etc. firstname.lastname@example.org
1) The problem → Memberstack has almost no built-in email functionality. I have to use something like Zapier or Integromat instead. 2) Why is this important → Emails are a fundamental part of my UI and UX. Its an additional touchpoint in the sign-up process, a useful way to contact folks when an issue occurs, and a helpful way of alerting members to account changes. 3) What's your plan B → Custom solution with webhooks , Zapier , Integromat , etc. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → More event types (dunning, plan change, etc.) A way to "upload" a custom HTML email for an event time. Configurable templates
Custom Password Reset Email
1) The problem → Customers cannot customize the password reset email. They would like to include their company logo and have this feature completely represent their organization. 2) Why is this important → Customers require more control of their platform. It is important to them to extend their company's representation as far as possible. 3) What's your plan B → N/A 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → A more native, built-in way to fully customize the password reset email from the Memberstack dashboard.
Custom Memberstack Loading Animations
1) The problem → I can't customize the loading animation Memberstack provides on calls to action (signup, login, etc.), but I would love to! 2) Why is this important → One of the great features/benefits of Memberstack is the ability to create a member experience that is aligned with the look and feel of the website. The 3 dots work well with modern/illustrative websites. For more classic sites, it clashes a bit however. 3) What's your plan B → N/A - Sticking with Memberstack, best and easiest solution out there for Webflow. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Ability to upload a lottie file in the dashboard or by using some custom code
The Circle Integration currently requires users to login twice
1) My members have to login twice when accessing Circle. 2) I want my UX to be as seamless as possible. Every additional step is another source of confusion, drop off, and support. 3) What's plan B? Wait for this to be fixed, and explain how it works to my members so they aren't super confused. 4) A better integration that doesn't require members to login twice.
GDPR: Privacy Shield Updates
1) The problem → Do you have any information on how your service can be used in the European Union? Since the Privacy Shield was invalidated, we have no option to "transfer user data outside the EU“ (especially not to the US). 2) Why is this important → I know it’s a hard topic, but EU businesses cannot use Memberstack at all if this is not tackled. The main issue will be, for example: US authorities reserve the right to gain data access in case of criminal suspicion, whereas this is strictly forbidden in the EU. I don’t see that they will come to a solution, soon. 3) What's your plan B → 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Use a EU-only Tech Stack for processors and sub-processors to keep at-least all end-user-data strictly inside the EU and its legislation.
1) At the moment, anyone can signup with any kind of email address (no confirmation required) and get access to my content/product/service. 2) I require members to signup before they can get access to my content. If they can add a fake email, that completely invalidates the "gate" in "gated content." It's also important when sending out required emails like Terms of Service updates. 3) There are some hacky workarounds https://community.memberstack.com/c/community-support/email-verification-process https://forum.memberstack.io/t/email-verification/213/6 https://community.memberstack.com/c/community-support/how-to-build-an-email-verification-system-with-memberstack 4) Enable an optional email verification step. Let me use my own email verification emails. Let a service like Mailchimp verify emails.
1) The problem → I want to give each of my members the opportunity to have their own shareable link so they can invite their friends and family to access functionality on that member-specific page while tracking link clicks, views, etc. 2) Why is this important → This is a missed opportunity for me to multiply and scale my member base. If every 10th person got me 1 member, I would increase my members by 10%. 3) What's your plan B → N/A 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Deep integration with some third-party apps that do referral systems Build it into Memberstack.