Add internal notes and comments
Feature request for 1.0 and definitely for 2.0... add internal notes on member profiles. Something visible to us only. There are cases where I need to make a note to myself so I can remember that a specific customer paid for an account for someone else or had some weird specific request or maybe paid for their membership using a Purchase Order. Anyway, right now I use notes in Stripe and in a CRM when it would be so much easier to just see a note inside their membership profile.
N8n is an open source automation tool like zapier that lets you do all kinds of automations with little to low code.
We're rebuilding Memberstack, launching a small private beta for developers , and releasing a 10x more powerful version of Memberstack. We're rebuilding Memberstack (In progress) We've learned so much over the last 2-years, and it's time to rebuild. 1.0 was a great MVP, but it's simply not able to scale with our team. It's going to take a few months, but Memberstack 2.0 will ship with new functionality like multiple membership plans, permissions, and more advanced APIs. In addition to those massive new features, we're going to be a 100x better place (not an exaggeration) to work on features like social login, a Paypal, OAuth, more UI's, more front-end packages for frameworks like React and Vue, and so on! During this time we'll focus our development efforts on launching 2.0, get feedback from professionals who've been building with user auth and payments for years, and invest our non-technical time into hiring more product people. Releasing 2.0 is our primary focus We'll need time to replicate all of Memberstack's existing functionality in version 2.0. This sucks. But it's the only path we can see at this point if we want to get to the rest of our roadmap in a reasonable amount of time. This sucks because most of our development resources will need to go into version 2.0. It's quite likely that you, our current customers, won't see any major feature releases until migration day. Which, should feel like feature Christmas. In the meantime, we'll continue to support all of our existing customers, fix bugs, expand the team, and find other ways to be of service. Launching a Developer Program We've learned a TON over the last 2ish years, and plan to incorporate all of those learnings into 2.0. We know what to build, but we also know constant feedback is essential when building a product that's usable and actually useful. To keep things efficient while still receiving a steady stream of feedback we've decided to launch a waitlist and solicit feedback from experienced developers who A) are currently using Memberstack 1.0, or B) are industry-leaders in building web apps and websites. Apply to the Developer Program here Launch day & process Learn more here . Please leave your concerns, comments, and feedback below!
Multiple membership plans
1) My customers can only have one plan (role, membership, product, etc) at a time. 2) I can't use Memberstack with my pricing model. My pricing model is key to my business model, branding, positioning, marketing, etc. Pricing is core to any business. 3) Change my pricing. Use another tool. Build a direct Stripe integration. 4) Please let me add multiple subscriptions to a particular member or multiple quantities on a single subscription.
Customizable checkout modal/page
1) The problem → The current checkout modal is a pretty minimalistic form. It can't handle any upsells, doesn't reiterate any of the membership benefits, or have the ability to display any additional information. 2) Why is this important → As a marketer, I want to experiment with ways to increase conversions and to offer upsells. 3) What's your plan B → Try to recreate this with custom forms on a page, but it would still lack a lot of the functionality. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Create multiple checkout experiences: single column modal, two column modal, page on a subdomain, snippet to embed on a page (e.g. /checkout, /thanks, /upgrade) Here are two examples of full-page checkouts (but can also be imagined as modals)
Memberstack Partner Programs
Hey folks! We're beginning to lay the groundwork for a series of partner programs at Memberstack. Want to pitch us on something? Send an email to email@example.com or drop a comment below. How you can help: Please ↑ Upvote and comment to receive notifications. We're going to share ideas and mockups here before we build or release anything. We'd love to get your feedback! Please share your past experiences working with partner programs. What worked for you? What didn't? Future Programs we are exploring: Affiliate program for folks with an audience Example: Hubspot Agency Program for agencies and freelancers who work with clients. Example: Gusto + Accountants Expert directory so customers can find out partners quickly. Example: Amplitude Discounts Programs for educators, boot camps, accelerators, etc. Example: YC Programs we currently offer Hire an expert to help you build a project. Submit your project here . Custom Discounts for your students, community, users, etc. firstname.lastname@example.org
Admin notifications (new signup, new customer, etc.)
1) The problem → I have to log into Memberstack to find out what's been happening. 2) Why is this important → I could go for 2-1000 customers because someone famous shared a link to my project and I'd have no idea! If my site starts to take off, I want to be able to react quickly. It's also extremely helpful for sales, connecting with new customers, and staying motivated. 3) What's your plan B → Setup notifications via Zapier. E.g. If a new member signs up, send me an email. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Direct integration with Slack, email, phone, etc. to send real-time notifications, daily round-ups, weekly round-ups, monthly round-ups, etc.
I am looking at Webhooks, Zapier, and Mailchimp. I want to add the membership NAME to the data. However, the hook only passes the membership ID. How do I get the name? If I cannot get the name, is is possible to create some kind of mapping inside of zapier? Humans read names, not string IDs so I need to solve this. Thanks
Analytics via Memberstack
1) The problem → our customers should have a high-level understanding of their business today and how it's trending over time. Ideally, we could give insights into the most important KPIs for a business with members and revenue. Funnel (if Memberstack is installed cross channels) Customer engagement & retention High-level revenue stats. Total member count and growth 2) Why is this important → Figure out where to dig in (from the perspective of the company, team, growth, support, etc.) It's an important gauge of your business (can we hire, should we cut spending, increase marketing, etc.) 3) What's your plan B → Stripe for revenue, analytics tools for funnel metrics, retention, & engagement. Analytics tool for detailed member analytics. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → A) Make it easy to share data that are normally inaccessible to other analytics tools by default (not sure this problem exists... maybe login events, for example?) B) Create an analytics dashboard like Stripe.
Allow members to change their membership from the profile modal
1) The problem → It's not possible to change a membership plan from the pre-build UI. This means I have to create a custom UI to let members add/change another plan. 2) Why is this important → Building out these custom UI's takes time. And it's hard to get it right. I want Memberstack to figure out what converts best and make it easy for me. 3) What's your plan B → Build a custom UI so folks can change their plan. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Create a few different templates/layouts that make it easy to compare and select different plan options. I'd like to link directly to this UI or link to it from within the profile management UI.