Bulk Insert/Edit Member Profile Fields
1) The problem → I have a bunch of members already and I want to upload a new field to everyone's profile with preset values I've inserted. Currently, I would have to do this manually! 2) Why is this important → As businesses change, so do the records of information. For my business, it just makes sense for me to be able to add in a new field for my user base with new information now that it's grown. 3) What's your plan B → I must painfully execute this process manually. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → A way for me to create, update, and destroy new fields & information as needed right from my dashboard.
A way to edit Terms and Services
1) The problem → I can't change the name from Terms of Service in the link to what I really want to write which is "Terms and Conditions" 2) Why is this important → I was hoping to have it say "Terms and Conditions" because terms of service doesn't make sense in our particular use case. 3) What's your plan B → Build a custom UI 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → A way to edit how the terms of service would appear.
Reward Free Months Based On An Activity
1) The problem → Currently, I cannot offer my members a free month after they've already subscribed to a plan. I want to reward my customer with 1 or 2 months of premium usage for performing tasks of my choosing. 2) Why is this important → Free months for a task can generate loyal and happy customers. Additionally, it increases the value of the service I offer and makes sense for my business workflow. 3) What's your plan B → N/A 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → A native and automated way for me to provide free months on an established subscription. (Suggestion: Stripe billing anchors?)
Require a unique input (Username, URL, etc.)
1) The problem → I need a way to prevent duplicate inputs like usernames. 2) Why is this important → I can't have members with duplicate inputs. 3) What's your plan B → To create my own separate database so that I can validate input before the user tries to create an account. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Let me check a box so that memberstack automatically validates when members sign up by entering a unique value.
Custom Password Reset Email
1) The problem → Customers cannot customize the password reset email. They would like to include their company logo and have this feature completely represent their organization. 2) Why is this important → Customers require more control of their platform. It is important to them to extend their company's representation as far as possible. 3) What's your plan B → N/A 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → A more native, built-in way to fully customize the password reset email from the Memberstack dashboard.
Multiple membership plans
1) My customers can only have one plan (role, membership, product, etc) at a time. 2) I can't use Memberstack with my pricing model. My pricing model is key to my business model, branding, positioning, marketing, etc. Pricing is core to any business. 3) Change my pricing. Use another tool. Build a direct Stripe integration. 4) Please let me add multiple subscriptions to a particular member or multiple quantities on a single subscription.
Permissions (Securely gate content, API calls, etc.)
1) The problem → When we first built Memberstack, we assumed users would want Memberstack to do all of the content gating and permissions for them. This was an okay assumption for a time, but we've since learned that a more robust system of managing permissions is necessary to expand Memberstack for and beyond the no-code space. 2) What we are building → Permissions! Permissions are strings of text that are stored on the member object, and cannot be updated client-side. This makes them perfect for granting access to members-only content and functionality within your codebase. Securely hosted content for Webflow, Squarespace, HTML/CSS, etc. will rely on this new functionality, but will not affect the UI/UX in any way. If anything, it should open up more opportunities for control.
We're rebuilding Memberstack, launching a small private beta for developers , and releasing a 10x more powerful version of Memberstack. We're rebuilding Memberstack (In progress) We've learned so much over the last 2-years, and it's time to rebuild. 1.0 was a great MVP, but it's simply not able to scale with our team. It's going to take a few months, but Memberstack 2.0 will ship with new functionality like multiple membership plans, permissions, and more advanced APIs. In addition to those massive new features, we're going to be a 100x better place (not an exaggeration) to work on features like social login, a Paypal, OAuth, more UI's, more front-end packages for frameworks like React and Vue, and so on! During this time we'll focus our development efforts on launching 2.0, get feedback from professionals who've been building with user auth and payments for years, and invest our non-technical time into hiring more product people. Releasing 2.0 is our primary focus We'll need time to replicate all of Memberstack's existing functionality in version 2.0. This sucks. But it's the only path we can see at this point if we want to get to the rest of our roadmap in a reasonable amount of time. This sucks because most of our development resources will need to go into version 2.0. It's quite likely that you, our current customers, won't see any major feature releases until migration day. Which, should feel like feature Christmas. In the meantime, we'll continue to support all of our existing customers, fix bugs, expand the team, and find other ways to be of service. Launching a tiny Beta for feedback We've learned a TON over the last 2ish years, and plan to incorporate all of those learnings into 2.0. We know what to build, but we also know constant feedback is essential when building a product that's usable and actually useful. To keep things efficient while still receiving a steady stream of feedback we've decided to launch an extremely limited beta group for experienced developers who A) are currently using Memberstack 1.0, or B) Have a ridiculous amount of experience building web apps and websites. Apply to the beta here Launch day & process Learn more here . Please leave your concerns, comments, and feedback below!
Charge a one-time fee during upgrade or downgrade
1) The problem →if the user has already signed up it won't get charged the one-time set up fee 2) Why is this important → I'd like users who are upgrading to also be charged the one-time set up fee 3) What's your plan B → 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → A way to allow users who have signed up to be still be charged the one-time set up fee.
Japanese Yen (JPY) Currency
1) The problem → I can't select JPY when picking a currency. 2) Why is this important → My bank account and/or customers are using JPY. 3) What's your plan B → Require everyone to pay USD or handle billing with another tool. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Add native support for JPY.