We're rebuilding Memberstack, launching a small private beta for developers , and releasing a 10x more powerful version of Memberstack. We're rebuilding Memberstack (In progress) We've learned so much over the last 2-years, and it's time to rebuild. 1.0 was a great MVP, but it's simply not able to scale with our team. It's going to take a few months, but Memberstack 2.0 will ship with new functionality like multiple membership plans, permissions, and more advanced APIs. In addition to those massive new features, we're going to be a 100x better place (not an exaggeration) to work on features like social login, a Paypal, OAuth, more UI's, more front-end packages for frameworks like React and Vue, and so on! During this time we'll focus our development efforts on launching 2.0, get feedback from professionals who've been building with user auth and payments for years, and invest our non-technical time into hiring more product people. Releasing 2.0 is our primary focus We'll need time to replicate all of Memberstack's existing functionality in version 2.0. This sucks. But it's the only path we can see at this point if we want to get to the rest of our roadmap in a reasonable amount of time. This sucks because most of our development resources will need to go into version 2.0. It's quite likely that you, our current customers, won't see any major feature releases until migration day. Which, should feel like feature Christmas. In the meantime, we'll continue to support all of our existing customers, fix bugs, expand the team, and find other ways to be of service. Launching a Developer Program We've learned a TON over the last 2ish years, and plan to incorporate all of those learnings into 2.0. We know what to build, but we also know constant feedback is essential when building a product that's usable and actually useful. To keep things efficient while still receiving a steady stream of feedback we've decided to launch a waitlist and solicit feedback from experienced developers who A) are currently using Memberstack 1.0, or B) are industry-leaders in building web apps and websites. Apply to the Developer Program here Launch day & process Learn more here . Please leave your concerns, comments, and feedback below!
Social Login: Google
1) The problem → All/most of my customers have Google/Gmail accounts, and I'd like them to be able to login with those accounts. 2) Why is this important → Improves sign up conversion rates and reduces the time required to login. 3) What will happen if this goes unsolved → I'll need to build a custom solution or continue to miss out on a % of my leads. 4) Possible solutions → Give us the option to add Google auth to the pre-built signup/login UI or to a custom UI.
Login with Phone Number
I'm looking to create a simple sign up / log in form using just a phone number. Very similar to https://www.nudgetext.com/login?redirectTo=%2Faccount
Integration: Circle (Suggested Improvements)
1) Current problems: My members have to login twice when accessing Circle. Circle's SSO modal doesn't have the option to "sign up here" like in the Login Modals When users try and login to Circle using the Memberstack SSO page there's no "forgot password" button. This is particularly bad for our sign up flow, where they create an account on our domain and then have to login on a different domain and so password managers won't share the password across. 2) I want my UX to be as seamless as possible. Every additional step is another source of confusion, drop off, and support. 3) What's plan B? Wait for this to be fixed, and explain how it works to my members so they aren't super confused. 4) Possible solutions: Don't require members to login twice. To be able to create an account from Circle's SSO modal
More templates for v2.0
The templates ( https://www.memberstack.com/freebies ) provided are awesome and are really helpful. I'm requesting for more templates for v2.0 that represents something closer to your login dashboard. I'd like to have more information where people can update their profile info, preferences, billing info etc.
Downgrade Insights UI
1) The problem → My members are changing plans, but I don't know why. 2) Why is this important → Understanding what drives upgrades and downgrades is essential to prevent contraction and lost revenue. 3) What's your plan B → Build my own custom UI. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Something like the downgrade summary modal in Hotjar.
Request membership access
I need users to have to request membership access when they go to create an account. I do not want just anyone to be able to create an account and log into my website. How do I set this up? Can I set a standard password that all accounts would have to use? Is there other options for setting this up? My website is with Webflow and I have also set up a Zapier account to integrate if need be.
Make the dashboard mobile friendly
1) The problem → Removing the “browser is too small” overlay on mobile 2) Why is this important → I’d rather have it look clunky and be able to do limited things than do nothing. 3) What's your plan B → 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Optimizing the design to be mobile friendly so it is still accessible such as the member list
Payment Integration: Paddle
As taxes are very complicated when selling SaaS on international basis Paddle would be a very good option to be integrated because of their tax compliance
Bulk delete members
1) The problem → I regularly need to bulk delete members who A) should have never had accounts in the first place (spam) B) No longer need access C) Are test members or D) have asked to have their data erased. 2) Why is this important → GDPR and it takes forever to manually delete members 1-by-1. 3) What will happen if this goes unsolved → Will need to ask the Memberstack team to manually delete them, hire a virtual assistant to delete them one-by-one, or build a custom solution. 4) Possible solutions → I want to filter - select all or some - and delete right from the members page. A means via the API to filter and delete members programmatically.