1) The problem → I'm in a country where Stripe is not supported or credit cards are not widely used. (Croatia, UAE, Germany, Brazil, etc.). My pricing model requires one-time payments and basic recurring subscriptions. 2) Why is this important → I can't charge for my product or service without Paypal. 3) What will happen if this goes unsolved → I'll need to build something custom, manually manage/sync permission, or find another tool. 4) Possible solutions → Option to add Paypal to the checkout.
Use Memberstack on multiple sub-domains
1) The problem → I can only use Memberstack on one website / domain. I don't want members to have to log in every time they switch websites. A portion of my content lives on another website/subdomain/CMS. 2) Why is this important → My CMS isn't on my main marketing site (where people log in) and I really don't want to give up my CMS. It's core to my value prop. 3) What's your plan B → Leave half of my content "unlocked" or move all of my content into a single domain. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → I love love it if a session carried over between domains. So, a member could log in on mywebsite.com and then access content as a logged in member on app.mywebsite.com . Both websites would have the same Memberstack script installed.
1) The problem → Memberstack has almost no built-in email functionality. I have to use something like Zapier or Integromat instead. 2) Why is this important → Emails are a fundamental part of my UI and UX. Its an additional touchpoint in the sign-up process, a useful way to contact folks when an issue occurs, and a helpful way of alerting members to account changes. 3) What's your plan B → Custom solution with webhooks , Zapier , Integromat , etc. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → More event types (dunning, plan change, etc.) A way to "upload" a custom HTML email for an event time. Configurable templates
Image upload fields (profile, artwork, photos, etc.)
1) The problem → I'm using Memberstack with Circle, and I want members to be able to upload an image that's automatically passed to Circle. At the moment, there's no way to add a profile image in Circle unless it's linked to the email address (gmail, etc.) 2) Why is this important → Adding profile pictures makes the community feel more real and more human. 3) What's your plan B → Jerry-rig image uploads with Zapier. Or not use Memberstack SSO so folks can use the native image upload in Circle. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Add an image upload field type which I can add to a custom form.
Enable team billing (seats, licenses, users, etc.)
1) The problem → I want a company/administrator to be able to purchase fixed or custom number of seats for their team. 2) Why is this important → It massively increases my LTV, retention, and sales volume. 3) What will happen if this goes unsolved → I have to manage these funky work arounds with coupons and free accounts. However those are really imperfect since the sub accounts don't loose access when the admin stops paying. I'll likely need to use another tool or build something custom. 4) Possible solutions → Create a team management UI for admin accounts. Admin should be able to select a plan with a dynamic or pre-set number of seats, and then invite/add members via this UI. Those sub accounts should inherit permissions from the admin account's status.
1) Stripe has this pause functionality. https://support.stripe.com/questions/how-to-pause-or-cancel-subscriptions It Would it be nice if the system could show this information in my members account page? 2) This is great if you run a subscription based service with physical products, and maybe some of the subscribers want to pause the subscription during the holiday. 3) My plan B is to just pause the subscription within Stripe, but without the functionality to show my subscribers whats going on. 4) Would be nice just to show the information, or even better, make them pause it themself.
Manually approve new members
1) The problem → Hi! I need new users to be verified before they can access the hidden content on my page. I can't find an easy way to do this. They sign up, then they need to be verified by an admin before they can log in and get access to the content. 2) Why is this important → Anyone can find the signup form on my website, but I need to confirm something (their identity, the answer to onboarding questions, etc.) before they get access. 3) What's your plan B → https://help.memberstack.com/en/articles/3850065-approve-new-members 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Create a new membership plan status of "pending" or "waiting." Ideally, I'd get an email or notification that a new person is pending approval and have a simple UI where I can view pertinent information and click "Approve" or "Deny." Each option should send a message letting the person know their new status + an explanation.
GDPR: Privacy Shield Updates
1) The problem → Do you have any information on how your service can be used in the European Union? Since the Privacy Shield was invalidated, we have no option to "transfer user data outside the EU“ (especially not to the US). 2) Why is this important → I know it’s a hard topic, but EU businesses cannot use Memberstack at all if this is not tackled. The main issue will be, for example: US authorities reserve the right to gain data access in case of criminal suspicion, whereas this is strictly forbidden in the EU. I don’t see that they will come to a solution, soon. 3) What's your plan B → 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Use a EU-only Tech Stack for processors and sub-processors to keep at-least all end-user-data strictly inside the EU and its legislation.
VAT policies require billing addresses / info on Past Memberstack Invoices.
1) The problem →Due to VAT policies I need my old Memberstack Invoices in Stripe to add my company's billing address and some other information. 2) Why is this important → This is due to the new VAT policies 3) What's your plan B → Have Memberstack edit the pdf's for me 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → A way to add information to Stripe's old invoices.
Passwordless Authentication (Email magic links)
1) The problem → Having a password field adds extra steps and more friction to the signup process. 2) Why is this important → People easily create accounts by creating passwords later. 3) What's your plan B → They could use https://help.memberstack.com/en/articles/3930198-passwordless-signup-workaround to make it work. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Allow somebody to create an account, basically passwordless signup. Keywords: magic link, OTP, email authentication