A Mobile Friendly Memberstack
1) The problem → Removing the “browser is too small” overlay on mobile 2) Why is this important → I’d rather have it look clunky and be able to do limited things than do nothing. 3) What's your plan B → 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Optimizing the design to be mobile friendly so it is still accessible such as the member list
1) At the moment, anyone can signup with any kind of email address (no confirmation required) and get access to my content/product/service. 2) I require members to signup before they can get access to my content. If they can add a fake email, that completely invalidates the "gate" in "gated content." It's also important when sending out required emails like Terms of Service updates. 3) There are some hacky workarounds https://community.memberstack.com/c/community-support/email-verification-process https://forum.memberstack.io/t/email-verification/213/6 4) Enable an optional email verification step. Let me use my own email verification emails. Let a service like Mailchimp verify emails.
Multiple membership plans
1) My customers can only have one plan (role, membership, product, etc) at a time. 2) I can't use Memberstack with my pricing model. My pricing model is key to my business model, branding, positioning, marketing, etc. Pricing is core to any business. 3) Change my pricing. Use another tool. Build a direct Stripe integration. 4) Please let me add multiple subscriptions to a particular member or multiple quantities on a single subscription.
Enable team billing (seats, licenses, users, etc.)
1) The problem → I want a company/administrator to be able to purchase fixed or custom number of seats for their team. 2) Why is this important → It massively increases my LTV, retention, and sales volume. 3) What will happen if this goes unsolved → I have to manage these funky work arounds with coupons and free accounts. However those are really imperfect since the sub accounts don't loose access when the admin stops paying. I'll likely need to use another tool or build something custom. 4) Possible solutions → Create a team management UI for admin accounts. Admin should be able to select a plan with a dynamic or pre-set number of seats, and then invite/add members via this UI. Those sub accounts should inherit permissions from the admin account's status.
Check if imported users have successfully logged in.
1) The problem → We would like to check if users have successfully reset their password and successfully logged in. 2) Why is this important → My company’s customers are mostly paying by offline means, so we manually import the users onto Memberstack through a private and unpublished membership. They would set their own password by resetting their password once they receive an email saying their accounts have been imported and created on Memberstack. So far, there hasn’t been a problem. However, we would like to check if users have successfully reset their password and successfully logged in. 3) What's your plan B → One idea is to leave out one form field during the importing process, and have those who successfully logged complete this empty field up, perhaps through a pop up on the first login. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → API methods to call for first logins
Image upload fields (profile, artwork, photos, etc.)
1) The problem → I'm using Memberstack with Circle, and I want members to be able to upload an image that's automatically passed to Circle. At the moment, there's no way to add a profile image in Circle unless it's linked to the email address (gmail, etc.) 2) Why is this important → Adding profile pictures makes the community feel more real and more human. 3) What's your plan B → Jerry-rig image uploads with Zapier. Or not use Memberstack SSO so folks can use the native image upload in Circle. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Add an image upload field type which I can add to a custom form.
More redirect control on signup, login, upgrade, etc.
1) The problem → I'm teasing features that are only available to paying members. If a free member decides to upgade to get access to a feature, I want them to stay on the page after upgrade (or go back to the page they were on before entering the upgrade flow). 2) Why is this important → It's critical to the UX of my site. Dropping someone on a generic welcome page after upgrading doesn't make sense given my use case (it might for someone else, but not for me). 3) What's your plan B → Write some custom code to override this behavior. I wanted to use the Redirect after signup or login power-up, but that only works for static websites and on sign up. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Give me a way to "remember" the current URL and return the person to that page after they upgrade. Maybe with a data attribute, snippet of code, or a list of URLs in the dashboard.
Member to Member Chat Box
1) The problem → There isn't a member to member chat 2) Why is this important → We would like an inbox where our clients and contractors can contact each other directly 3) What's your plan B → Possibly checking out Sendbird or similar chat API SDKs 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Possibly create an integration or own chatbox
Social login: Gmail/Google
1) The problem → All/most of my customers have Google/Gmail accounts, and I'd like them to be able to login with those accounts. 2) Why is this important → Improves sign up conversion rates and reduces the time required to login. 3) What will happen if this goes unsolved → I'll need to build a custom solution or continue to miss out on a % of my leads. 4) Possible solutions → Give us the option to add Google auth to the pre-built signup/login UI or to a custom UI.
Changing Membership via API
1) The problem → Unable to change Membership via API 2) Why is this important → I currently have to change a member's membership via the dashboard (only works for free members). This is time-consuming and leads to a bad user experience since they have to wait for me to make the update. 3) What's your plan B → Manually update, or make the user click on an upgrade button to confirm the upgrade. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Add an API call to change a membership