Can't transfer ownerships of a project
1) I want to change my email address or transfer the ownership to the company that purchased my work. 2) I need to transfer my work to the company that bought my work 3) I am not solving it because you don't have this! 4) Allow me to change my email or to transfer ownership.
We're rebuilding Memberstack, launching a small private beta for developers , and releasing a 10x more powerful version of Memberstack. We're rebuilding Memberstack (In progress) We've learned so much over the last 2-years, and it's time to rebuild. 1.0 was a great MVP, but it's simply not able to scale with our team. It's going to take a few months, but Memberstack 2.0 will ship with new functionality like multiple membership plans, permissions, and more advanced APIs. In addition to those massive new features, we're going to be a 100x better place (not an exaggeration) to work on features like social login, a Paypal, OAuth, more UI's, more front-end packages for frameworks like React and Vue, and so on! During this time we'll focus our development efforts on launching 2.0, get feedback from professionals who've been building with user auth and payments for years, and invest our non-technical time into hiring more product people. Releasing 2.0 is our primary focus We'll need time to replicate all of Memberstack's existing functionality in version 2.0. This sucks. But it's the only path we can see at this point if we want to get to the rest of our roadmap in a reasonable amount of time. This sucks because most of our development resources will need to go into version 2.0. It's quite likely that you, our current customers, won't see any major feature releases until migration day. Which, should feel like feature Christmas. In the meantime, we'll continue to support all of our existing customers, fix bugs, expand the team, and find other ways to be of service. Launching a Developer Program We've learned a TON over the last 2ish years, and plan to incorporate all of those learnings into 2.0. We know what to build, but we also know constant feedback is essential when building a product that's usable and actually useful. To keep things efficient while still receiving a steady stream of feedback we've decided to launch a waitlist and solicit feedback from experienced developers who A) are currently using Memberstack 1.0, or B) are industry-leaders in building web apps and websites. Apply to the Developer Program here Launch day & process Learn more here . Please leave your concerns, comments, and feedback below!
Website Builder on Memberstack
Question → What value does Webflow adds for Memberstack customers? If Webflow just acts as a Website Builder, then should we plan to build a Website Builder on Memberstack itself? Also, apart from having a custom domain, how about allowing users to build Subscription platform on Memberstack domain? (e.g: memberstack.com/user_name ) - simple, quick, & super easy! Keen to hear feedback on both the features. Thank you.
Social Login: Linkedin
1) The problem → All/most of my customers have LinkedIn accounts, and I'd like them to be able to login with those accounts. 2) Why is this important → Improves sign up conversion rates and reduces the time required to login. 3) What will happen if this goes unsolved → I'll need to build a custom solution or continue to miss out on a % of my leads. 4) Possible solutions → Give us the option to add LinkedIn auth to the pre-built signup/login UI or to a custom UI.
1) The problem → I would like my users to just login using a username and password, not email and password. 2) Why is this important → My website utilizes usernames more than email in the user experience. 3) What's your plan B → Leave it as it is and have users login with email and password. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Allow for custom login fields to work with usernames, rather than just email.
Using coupons with trials
1) The problem → My memberships have a 7-day free trial by default and so if I want to offer a coupon for any reason, I have to ask members to reply with their email so I can manually apply a coupon in Stripe. 2) Why is this important → This takes a good amount of time and I also worry lowers the amount of people who will respond because they have to take the time to reply to an email in order to take advantage of it. I'd love to be able to create multiple coupons and sling them around for special offers with marketing I'm doing, but I have to send everyone to my inbox essentially. 3) What's your plan B → Turn off free trial and just go with coupons. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → (1) Ability for users to apply a coupon in addition to their free/paid trial, (2) ability to generate links that automatically apply a coupon at checkout, (3) endpoint that allows for a Zap to apply to a coupon in Stripe?
Multiple membership plans
1) My customers can only have one plan (role, membership, product, etc) at a time. 2) I can't use Memberstack with my pricing model. My pricing model is key to my business model, branding, positioning, marketing, etc. Pricing is core to any business. 3) Change my pricing. Use another tool. Build a direct Stripe integration. 4) Please let me add multiple subscriptions to a particular member or multiple quantities on a single subscription.
Modify a member's membership plans via API
1) The problem → Need the ability to create membership plans via the API and change which plan a member is assigned to via the API. 2) Why is this important → Our application relies on this ability, we have too many members and memberships to have to manually do this from the dashboard every day. 3) What's your plan B → We don't have one right now. 4) Possible solutions we could build for you → Having these two API calls available even in a test/beta form would be huge.
1) The problem → I'm in a country where Stripe is not supported or credit cards are not widely used. (Croatia, UAE, Germany, Brazil, etc.). My pricing model requires one-time payments and basic recurring subscriptions. 2) Why is this important → I can't charge for my product or service without Paypal. 3) What will happen if this goes unsolved → I'll need to build something custom, manually manage/sync permission, or find another tool. 4) Possible solutions → Option to add Paypal to the checkout.
Social Login: Google
1) The problem → All/most of my customers have Google/Gmail accounts, and I'd like them to be able to login with those accounts. 2) Why is this important → Improves sign up conversion rates and reduces the time required to login. 3) What will happen if this goes unsolved → I'll need to build a custom solution or continue to miss out on a % of my leads. 4) Possible solutions → Give us the option to add Google auth to the pre-built signup/login UI or to a custom UI.